Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Reflections

Jiajun:
We had a meeting and were assigned the parts to research on for the blog. We also decided that we would choose Hong Kong Street Ming Zhong.
I first looked at the criteria needed for good personal hygiene. I went down the list of things I thought were crucial. I then categorised them into Staff selection, Hands, hair, nose and mouth and Ears and lastly Protective clothing. These were the things I thought were important. Having known all these I knew the bad hygiene which was just the opposite. I listed the things down for each category. I then elaborated more on the points. The viruses, bacteria or pathogens that was present in them. Also I elaborated on the effects that these bacteria, pathogens and viruses bring to us.I believe that this project, allows us to better understand what personal hygiene is. We can then prevent any food poisoning from occurring to the food consumer or food handler.
Jacqueline:
This blog is very informative in terms of the good as well as the bad hygiene practices that should be observed in the kitchen regardless of the venue. We also included the required attire that the staff/food handlers should have before entering the kitchen. After a visit to the coffee shop at Ang Mo Kio, I saw many of the food handlers with bad attire as well as the way they handles food. Thus spark me to be a more hygienic chef as it will ruin the impression of your customers/consumers and the professionalism of the chef. You will never know that it might harm someone because of the bad hygiene practices one shows as microorganisms are found everywhere and anywhere which cannot be seen through our naked eyes. 

Jonathan:
This project has taught me the importance of hygiene. everyone has a part to play in the ensuring of good personal hygiene. From stall holders, to the staff who prepare food, to the cleaners, to even us.  as the saying goes, "a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link". If one person fails to observe good personal hygiene, everyone will be at jeopardy. not only will health be compromised, but also the stall's reputation. 
Michelle:
In this e-learning assignment, I’ve had a more in depth understanding of the causes and consequences of good and bad personal hygeine and most importantly, how to prevent the chances of bad personal hygeine happening in any food establishment. In the near future where I will be part of the food and beverage industry, I believe that stringent hygiene practices will be implemented in more than 80% of the food establishments around the world. Thus, by getting to know all of these facts, I am a step ahead than others and I will be able to correct my co-workers or any food handler to instill a more hygienic way of preparing food so that all of us will be able to consume our delicacies sumptiously and safely. Even though we’ve researched about the importance of good hygiene, the relavance of practicing them and also the result of being in touch with bad hygiene, I feel that we could have gone further and talk about how larger government organisations like the WHO are doing their part to encourage good personal hygiene. I feel that it would be very beneficial that we know how we can play a part to ensure that every meal we consume is a safe and harmless meal.
I agree that my group and I had good teamwork and we were able to help each other when either or us needed help and good cooperation was seen throughout the whole time. Overall, I felt that having this assignment enhanced my learning in the topic on personal hygiene. 
Kelly:
Through this e learning, I've learnt the importance of practicing good personal hygiene. The slightest mistake can have major consequences and putting other people's health at risk. As a food handler, practicing good personal hygiene is a must and has to be a habit. Even if you are not handling food, it is still important to practice good personal hygiene. I've learnt alot through this e learning as it requires us to use an establishment as a case study. This makes me even clearer of the poor personal hygiene that we might commit when handling in the food. Also, I learnt that there are alot of problems that poor personal hygiene will bring to us. Not only does it harm the consumers, it also harm us in terms of economic wise. Thus it is everybody's responsibility to practice good personal hygiene everywhere we are. It benefits everybody if we all practice good personal hygiene. 

No comments:

Post a Comment